Plastic or rubber materials are often used in electronic and electrical products, which are flammable and have potential fire hazards. Therefore, fire safety requirements for the electronic and electrical industry can not be underestimated.
Fire Testing to
UL 94: Test for Flammability of Plastic Materials for Parts in Devices and Appliances
- HB Horizontal Burning；
- V-0,V-1,V-2 Vertical Burning；
- 5VA, 5VB Vertical Burning；
ISO 4589-2 Plastics-Determination of burning behaviour by oxygen index –Part 2: Ambient-temperature test
ISO 4589-2 specifies methods for determining the minimum concentration of oxygen, in admixture with nitrogen, that will support combustion of small vertical test specimens under specified test conditions. The results are defined as oxygen index values.
Fire Testing to Electrical and Electronic Product：
- IEC 60695-2-11: Glowing/hot wire based test methods-Glow-wire flammability test method for end-products.
- IEC 60695-2-12 (GB 5169.12) Fire hazard testing — Part 2-12: Glowing/hot-wire based test methods — Glow-wire flammability test method for materials
- IEC 60695-2-13 (GB 5169.13) Fire hazard testing — Part 2-13: Glowing/hot-wire based test methods — Glow-wire ignitability test method for meterials
- IEC 60695-11-10: Fire hazard testing-Part11-10: Test flames – 50W horizontal and vertical flame test methods.
- IEC 60695-11-5：Fire hazard testing – Part 11-5: Test flames – Needle-flame test method – Apparatus, confirmatory test arrangement and guidance
- GB/T 2406.2 Plastics – Determination of burning behaviour by oxygen index – Part2: Ambient-temperature test
- GB/T 8924 Test method for flammability characteristics of fiber reinforced plastic-Oxygen index method
- GB/T 5169.5：Fire hazard testing for electric and electronic products – Part 5: Test flames – Needle test method – Apparatus, confirmatory arrangement and guidance
- ASTM D 2863 Standard Test Method for Measuring the Minimum Oxygen Concentration to Support Candle-Like Combustion of Plastics (Oxygen Index)
- ISO 4589-3 Plastics — Determination of burning behaviour by oxygen index – Part 3: Elevated-temperature test
- NF X70-100: Firebehaviour tests –Analysis of pyrolysis and combustion gases-Pipe still method
- NF X 10-702: Fire test methods-Smoke emission-Test of measurement of specific optical density of smoke by the combustion or the pyrolysis of solid materials
- BS 2782-0:2011 Method 508A / BS 2782-0:2011: Methods of Testing plastic – Method 508A: Rate of burning, laboratory method