The flame performance of automobile interior directly relates to the fire safety of the whole vehicle. The standards specify the requirement of burning behavior of interior materials. Generally, the flame performance of automobile interior is determinate by horizontal burning rate.
There are many standard for burning rate such as DIN 75200, FMVSS 301, Directive 95/28/EC, etc. In China, the standards GB 8410 is mandatory to CCC certification for automobile interior.
Fire Testing to
- GB 8410 Flammability of automotive interior materials
GB 8410 Requirement
Burning Rate is less than 100mm/min
- Directive 95/28/EC： The burning behaviour of materials used in the interior construction of certain categories of motor vehicle
95/28/EC – Requirement
Horizontal Burning Test: Burning Rate<100mm/min
Vertical Burning Test: Burning Rate<100mm/min
- FMVSS 302 Flammability of materials used in the occupant compartments of motor vehicles
FMVSS 302 Reqirement
Horizontal Burning Test: Burning Rate<102mm/min
- ISO 3795 Road vehicles, and tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry – Determination of burning behaviour of interior materials (Same to JIS D 1201)
- DIN 75200 Determination of the burning behavior of interior materials in motor vehicles
- TL1010 Materials for vehicle interiors – Flammability of materials requirement